Thursday, February 7, 2008

The First Time I Loved Forever

Somewhere I have never traveled, gladly beyond any experience
Your eyes have their silence..
And your most frail gesture of things which enclose me
But which I cannot touch, because they are too near

The first time I loved forever.. was when you whispered my name
And I knew at once you loved me.. for the me of who I am

The first time I loved forever.. I cast all else aside
And I bid my heart to follow.. Be there no more need to hide

And if wishes and dreams are merely for children
And if love's a tale for fools.. I'll live the dream with you

oh, if your words be to close me
I, my life will shut, very beautifully
Suddenly, as when the heart of this flower
Imagines the snow.. carefully, everywhere descending

For all my life and forever.. There's a truth I will always know
When my world divides and shatters.. Your love is where I'll go

I do not know what it is about you that closes and opens
Only something in me understands..

the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses.
Nobody, not even the rain has such small hands

No comments: